August 12, 2010

Water Lilies

Today I decided to go to Goodale Park, which is in the heart of the Short North. The park in general is ok, but I love the pond because it's filled with these crazy giant water lilies and lily pads. The lily pads don't all lay flat on the water, which gives this sense of an alien growth over the pond. Beautiful and creepy at once, which really is my cup of tea.

I grabbed my sketchbook and found a nice spot to draw from. Well, it seemed nice at first. The weather was humid so I was dripping with sweat within 10 minutes of sitting down. Also, the best place to sit was a rock. So by "nice" I guess I mean less than ideal. To put it nicely.

But after being out there for about 3 hours (broken up by a coffee/get me outta the sun break) this is what I came up with. There is a further purpose to drawing flowers... but I'll leave that for the final. Which, fingers crossed, I'll actually finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment