August 15, 2010

Mini iPhone

Yes, that is a teeny-tiny iPhone. I made it for the 48 Hour Film Project. Our prop was "cell phone". So the director of the team I was on wanted to do the Zoolander gag. I talked him into a small iPhone. What you can't see in this image is that there is a shiny cover on this to mimic the glass on the surface of the iphone. There are really only 2 discrepancies: 1) There are 3 columns of apps instead of 4, but seeing as how it's about 38 mm across, I could only get 3 to fit. 2) It's technically too thick. The proportions are to the iPhone 4. But now I'm just being picky.

I'm pretty sure that the magnificence of this thing wasn't seen on camera, but just the reaction of the crew was enough. Max, our fearless leader, laughed when he saw it. That was good enough for me.

If I had more time (I made this in about 3 hours) and if stores were open while I was making this, I might have tried to figure out a way to make it light up. Oh well, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment