February 20, 2010

Works in Progress

So, this is what I've been up to the last two days. I was working on sketches for another painting and in the mess of visual research and thumbnailing I came up with the above sketch. I liked it so I decided to turn it into a painting.

I haven't done any real painting in a long time. I've been focusing on digital painting. Any time I've used paint is to paint props for the films I've worked on. I recently got the itch to get back to traditional media. The second image is the progress I made today. It's about 3 hours of work. I still have a long way to go. I'm not looking forward to painting the hands, which I wasn't so great at when I was in art school (when I was creating every day).

At this point, I'm kinda changing the nature of this blog. Instead of posting a drawing every day, I'll be posting the progress I make on the various projects I have going on. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment