January 18, 2010

Catch-up Day!

Well, it's been a few days since I posted, but that doesn't mean I haven't been drawing! The first few were inspired by the Brothers Grimm story "Allerlerauh" or "Many Furs". It's about a princess who runs away from home and disguises herself in a robe made of the furs of all the creatures of the forest. There's parties, pretty dresses and a happily ever after.
This is when the king finds Allerleiruah hiding in a tree.

This is a design for what she would look like in the furs.

I couldn't really decide which time period to set this story in, so I just drew an 18th century French gown. I've got a fascination with historical costumes.

This last one was just a random drawing of a rib cage that I did. It has nothing to do with the fairy tale. I think my drawings were getting too "pretty" and I had to do something a little weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment